Makar and Alina
Makar and Alina’s family had just completed the renovation to their house in Bucha. The kids had already chosen furniture, overjoyed to get the chance to decorate and personalize their rooms to their liking. This is what their home now looks like now.
On February 24th, 2022, the day the war began, the family was awakened by a loud explosion nearby. For the next several weeks, they were forced to live in the basement of their home without any gas or electricity. And on March 7th, a day Makar and Alina will never forget, their father disappeared after a trip to see relatives.
He laid dead on the so-called “road of death” in Bucha, shot in cold blood by a Russian sniper.
Makar and Alina continue to live in Bucha in a small apartment nearby, their family and their home completely destroyed by the invading soldiers.
Family's Current Needs
- Financial assistance to restore their destroyed home
- Financial support for their utilities
- A laptop
- Children's clothing and shoes
- Makar is fond of cooking and dreams of one day owning a blender
The fund helped:
- The Fund provided Makar and Alina with priority financial assistance, psychological and legal support and financial support to buy shoes and winter clothing
- The Fund also provided the family with stationery, a lamp, power banks, a heater for their home, New Year's gifts and Makar also received money for his birthday
- Makar and Alina are currently learning English on the Preply platform
Mykhailo’s family hid in their basement for a full week when the full-scale war broke…More details
Oleksandra is originally from Kharkiv, Ukraine, but due to the war, she was forced to…More details
Kira and Kateryna
Kira, who is 3-years-old, and Kateryna, who is 10, are the daughters of a happy…More details
7-year-old Solomiya's family lived in Mariupol. From the first days of the full-scale invasion, the…More details
Yulia and Polina
Prior to the outbreak of the war on February 24, 2022, Yulia, Polina, her mother…More details
14-year-old Dmytro had a big, happy family that he loved to spend time with. On…More details